AlzNav is a monitoring, navigational and simplified calling application designed for older adults and persons in the initial stages of dementia, like Alzheimer's patients. It increases their autonomy by increasing their sense of safety when going outdoors and it also eases the caregivers' concerns by reassuring them that they will be alerted if their cared ones get lost or need help. AlzNav was selected as one of the three finalists for the Mobility category of the Smart Accessibility Awards 2011 international contest, by a jury consisting of representatives from the Vodafone Foundation, European Disability Forum and AGE Platform Europe, and is currently in an open beta stage.
- can be used as a simplified walking navigator that always points the correct heading to help a person get back home;
- detects if a person leaves a certain safety area, and can:
-> alert a caregiver by sending out an SMS with the person's location;
-> alert the actual user, providing him with the possibility to:
--> easily call his caregiver, family members or friends;
--> try to return home or to a familiar place himself by being guided by the application;
--> find out his current location, and call a cab/taxi to take him back home;
- autonomously responds to remote location requests sent by the caregiver (upon initial user's consent);
- 3 different complexity levels to adapt the application and its features to each user's needs;
1. The application is designed to run constantly in the background.
2. It will be more power efficient if you have a home Wi-Fi to which the device should auto connect when within range.
3. If you wish to keep the application running during the night, it is recommended that you keep the device charging as well.
For further details and informations, please consult the user manual and FAQ at the application's web page.
AlzNav is a free trial software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-05-23. The program can be installed on Android 2.2 and up.
AlzNav (version 1.3.5) has a file size of 610.27 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 40 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.